Blogger News Roundup
Like most of us, I've been pretty busy (and tired) lately, so as usual, I'm catching up on all the news, and recipes I'd like to try.
- Over at Mark Ruhlman's blog, guest blogger Bob del Grosso teaches us how NOT to make a tomato sauce
- Ivonne blogs about some incredible-looking Macadamia Nut Rolls with Orange Glaze that I have to try.
- Reminder - Chris has launched a Cooking to Combat Cancer event - due date is April 9.
- Heidi teaches us how to make pesto like an Italian grandmother (this is how my family made it, too)
- I love to visit Ari's Baking and Books. Recipes to try: Empanada Pot Pie with Cream Cheese Crust, Caramelized Onion and Spinach Stuffed Pizza Pie. Yum.
- You can find Thai mini pancakes over at Appon's Thai Food. They look good, and I love the pan!
- As a former member of the food service industry, I love reading Diary of a Food Whore. She links to Waiter Rant's list of "50 Signs You Might Be An Asshole Customer." Go ye and read of it!
- Again for those of you with furry friends, here is the most comprehensive list I've found that discloses the companies that have their dog and cat foods made by Menu Foods. The exact cause of the deaths is still unconfirmed, media reports to the contrary. More disturbing news, here (thanks to Beth for the recall info).
**Update: for up-to-the minute news on the pet food recall, check out Pet Connection. Some more unnerving developments: the FDA suspects some tainted wheat gluten may have found its way into dry dog food, and the FDA cannot rule out contamination of human food.