Saturday, March 17, 2007

Blogger News Roundup

  • Chris of Mele Cotte successfully defended her dissertation, and now has a Ph.D. in Education. Congratulations, Chris!
  • Did you know that Coke makes kosher Coca-Cola? It contains sugar, part of the original recipe, instead of corn syrup, which was substituted for sugar in 1985. Via Off the Broiler.
  • Everyone's favorite Cream Puff is baking Orange Oatmeal Applesauce bread at midnight, while Ari is baking Banana Bundt Cake . . . at 5 a.m. I feel like such a slacker!
  • Kathy takes us on a tour of Honolulu's Chinatown market, one of Master Chow's favorite haunts back home. Like I've said before, sometimes I really miss Hawaii, especially when I read one of Kathy's posts!
  • Recipe I've added to my "to-make list": Dorie Greenspan's Prune and Armagnac ice cream, via Brilynn at Jumbo Empanadas.
  • Rowena blogs about Italian hedgehogs. No, she doesn't eat them, so don't worry.
  • And speaking of critters, for those of you with cats and dogs, there has been a massive dog and cat food recall due to incidents of kidney failure and death caused by aflatoxin in the food. For more information, including a list of affected brands, check here and here. **Update: more on the pet food recall, here.**
  • HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad we can count on you for the news!

March 18, 2007 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comment about the italian hedgehogs made me laugh! I guess you have to be specific in the foodblog circle. :)

Ari (Baking and Books)

March 18, 2007 7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in your round up...A great end to a great week!

March 18, 2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger Madam Chow said...

Chris, you're welcome, and Ivonne and Ari, thanks for stopping by!

March 18, 2007 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You slack? With that previous post done on a 7 Hour Leg of Lamb? I've already bookmarked that one for future reference.

Heh heh...thanks for the mention. I declared to my husband that now I would like to catch a mole, since of course, they don't exist in Hawaii either and I just gotta take a picture of that! Husband wasn't too keen on the idea, especially he says, if we find one in the garden. THAT would spell trouble for Mr. Gardener and possibly death (or atleast extradition) for Mr. Mole! Ugh...

March 20, 2007 4:03 AM  
Blogger Madam Chow said...

Rowena - while Hawaii is rich with its own wildlife, other places are quite different. When my husband and I moved to the mainland, he kept asking me what everything was. Within the course of a few months, he saw: geese, ducks, deer, a fox, a beaver, cows, horses, and a turtle. In the middle of the road. We rescued it and put it on the other side so it wouldn't get squashed!

March 20, 2007 12:52 PM  
Blogger Kathy YL Chan said...

now how can you call yourself a slacker when you put in the effort to make '7 hour leg of lamb'? ;)
...it's really succulent looking too! oh no, another one of those midnight cravings coming on... :)

March 21, 2007 2:12 AM  
Blogger Freya said...

7 hour leg of lamb is great! I love to cook it that way! Put it in the oven and forget about it!
Great blog, thanks!

March 28, 2007 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home