Friday, March 09, 2007

Blogger News

  • Elise has an informative post on gnocchi. She discloses that the secret to a light gnocchi is to use older potatoes (because they are drier), and bake them to keep them as dry as possible. My paternal grandmothers (Italian and Spanish) told my mom the same thing!
  • Food blog discoveries: Rice and Noodles, Jumbo Empanadas.
  • Homesick Texan has posted a recipe on a delicious-looking Czech pastry that I'll have to try, kolaches.
  • Kathy continues to eat at an extraordinary rate. She will soon be winging home to Hawai'i where I'm sure she will regale us with further gastronomic adventures. I can hardly wait!
  • I just received my Cupcake Courier in the mail. Of course, you know what this means . . . I will have to bake some cupcakes. That's just the way it is. Ah, decisions, decisions . . . .

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy is amazing, isn't she? Whenever I go to her site, I'm prepared to learn not only something fab that she's eaten, but also to drool over her pics. Drives me absolutely nuts!

How lucky you are to be able to get pomegranates! We only get them around fall, as they're shipped in from Israel. I think Italy produces some too but again, they're available only during a certain time of the year. I *heart *pomegranates!

March 09, 2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger Madam Chow said...

They've become very popular on the mainland. I find them at our local Asian superstore, and at Whole Foods

March 09, 2007 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thanks for the link. :)

It's great to find your blog.

Mae

March 10, 2007 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the roundup! I don't often get time to read my favorite foodblogs so sometimes I miss intersting posts, like the gnocchi over at Elise's!

Ari (Baking and Books)

March 10, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Kathy YL Chan said...

thanks for making a link to my blog! :) i'll make sure to eat extra plenty for you!!
my mom keeps on noting that i put on 16 pounds since the start of last school year...but then she always asks, "so where should we eat next?!"
sigh. what can i do?! ;)

March 11, 2007 8:42 PM  
Blogger Madam Chow said...

Rowena, Mae, Ari, and Kathy - thanks for visiting! I love all your blogs and enjoy reading them and getting inspiration.

March 12, 2007 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home