Monday, February 26, 2007

Furikake Mania!

Rowena is to blame for my current furikake binge. I look for mixtures that don't contain MSG. In Hawai'i, popcorn mixed with furikake and arare crackers is a popular snack at movie theatres. Yum!

To make this, I popped some popcorn, drizzled it with Bragg Liquid Aminos (an unfermented soy condiment that tastes like soy sauce), added a bit of King Arthur Flour's Vermont cheese powder, and then piled on the furikake (the little green flecks in the picture are dried seaweed in the furikake).

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Now this is the second time I've heard of furikake. It sounds really great with something simple like popcorn.

February 26, 2007 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blame me away if you will! I am still on a furikake kick, puttting it on my fried eggs, cold soba noodles, and of course, RICE. Bragg's liquid I'm familiar with but I've never heard of K.A.'s cheese powder. Sounds great!

February 27, 2007 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home