What's New in the Culinary Blogosphere
- The amazing Cupcake Courier, which holds up to three dozen cupcakes! Via Gezellig-Girl.
- Accidental Hedonist conducts a garlic peeling experiment.
- Chez Pim discloses her secrets for making pad thai.
- I discovered four blogs: Dessert First, Exploring the Silver Spoon, Baking and Books, and Homesick Texan.
- Ivonne at Cream Puffs in Venice, a blog from which I derive constant inspiration, had a croissant face-off with some friends. I needed a nap after reading how much work was involved, but I am now motivated to give it a shot myself!
While I was visiting my aunt in the frigid midwest, I indulged myself by purchasing an inordinate number of cookbooks (all were on sale!), including the mouthwatering The Sweet Life: Desserts from Chanterelle. I also picked up Artisan Baking, and The Bread Bible: 300 Favorite Recipes. You know you're hooked on baking when you buy a book like the Bread Bible, which has no pictures - not even line drawings!