Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Comforts of Cooking

Recently, Ivonne, of Cream Puffs in Venice, had a thoughtful post on the comforts of baking. I have to agree - my life has been so hectic the last few months, I've barely had a chance to catch my breath. The weather has cooled a bit, and the leaves are finally changing colors. And I find myself wanting to spend my free time cooking and taking care of my family as much as possible.




So, a few days ago, I passed several happy hours in the kitchen, baking up a batch of cornbread and Tomato and Goat Cheese Muffins from Beth Hensperger's, Muffins. Master Chow loved the cornbread, and I thought the muffins, which included garbanzo flour (!), were wonderful. A tossed green salad, some sauteed broccoli rabe, and a bowl of soup made a wonderful meal. As I write this, I have a batch of Hensperger's Cranberry-Orange Bread baking in the oven (more on that in a future post). And I have a faithful companion on my lap:

Life doesn't get much better than this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

What a wonderful way to spend and evening!!

November 14, 2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger Rowena said...

Those are great looking muffins, with the combo of tomatoes and goat cheese sounding like a real winner! [It's that comfort factor. I looove goat cheese!]

But it's your faithful companion that I'm most delighted by! We don't get to see much photos on your blog. Please share more! :-)

November 15, 2007 4:28 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

The pupp is adorable and the muffins are screaming at me to be made!

November 17, 2007 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home