Friday, August 04, 2006

Lychee and It's Hairy Cousin, the Rambutan

Rambutan (left) and Lychee
I love to cook and bake, but sometimes I just get . . . tired. Burned out. What usually follows these episodes are weeks of furious experimenation. Once again, I find that I love to shop for food, and will venture to our local Asian markets and farm stands to look for interesting things, instead of just our standard fare.

This week, I was happy to discover fresh lychee and rambutan. You may have seen the lychee in cans, but the one in the picture above is a fresh one. Both fruits are similar in taste - sweet and mild (lychee is a bit sweeter), and you eat their white fruit by cracking the outer shell. Yum. You can find more info and pictures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home